1. All Stories
  2. Politics
  3. Economy
  4. World
  5. Nuclear
  6. Society/Culture
  7. Space/Science
  8. Sports
  9. Tourism
  10. Other Media
  11. Videos
  12. Photos
  13. Cartoons
  14. Interview
    • فارسی
    • عربی
    • Türkçe
    • עברית
    • Pусский
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • All Stories
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Nuclear
  • Society/Culture
  • Space/Science
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Other Media
  • Videos
  • Photos
  • Cartoons
  • Interview

Yemenis Launch Drone Attack on Saudi Mercenaries near Jizan

  • January, 01, 2019 - 16:10
  • World news
Yemenis Launch Drone Attack on Saudi Mercenaries near Jizan

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The drone unit of the Yemeni army and Popular Committees launched a drone attack on the positions of Saudi mercenaries in border areas near the Kingdom’s southwestern province of Jizan, local reports said.

World

A military source said the drone unit targeted gatherings of Saudi servicemen and mercenaries along the border with Jizan, the Arabic-language al-Masirah reported.

In another development, the drone and artillery units of the Yemeni army and Popular Committees targeted the mercenaries of the Saudi army in Najran on Monday night, inflicting heavy casualties on them.

The Yemeni forces also repulsed two attacks of the militants, preventing them from advancing toward al-Raboah in Asir region and killing a number of the mercenaries, according to the report. 

The attacks against the Saudi-led forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.

Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three-and-a-half years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and the accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.

 
R1016170/P
Read more
Saudi-Led Coalition Continues Violating Yemeni Ceasefire
tasnim
tasnim
tasnim
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Most Visited
  • Archive
Follow Us:
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

All Content by Tasnim News Agency is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.