1. All Stories
  2. Politics
  3. Economy
  4. World
  5. Nuclear
  6. Society/Culture
  7. Space/Science
  8. Sports
  9. Tourism
  10. Other Media
  11. Videos
  12. Photos
  13. Cartoons
  14. Interview
    • فارسی
    • عربی
    • Türkçe
    • עברית
    • Pусский
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • All Stories
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Nuclear
  • Society/Culture
  • Space/Science
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Other Media
  • Videos
  • Photos
  • Cartoons
  • Interview

Saudi-Led Coalition Continues Violating Yemeni Ceasefire

  • December, 31, 2018 - 11:55
  • World news
Saudi-Led Coalition Continues Violating Yemeni Ceasefire

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Saudi-led coalition and their mercenaries, in yet another move to violate the ongoing ceasefire in Yemen’s Hudaydah province, attacked areas in and around the province’s capital, local sources said.

World

The Saudi-Emirati aggressors and their mercenaries continued violation of the UN-brokered truce reached in the recent talks in Sweden’s Stockholm, the Arabic-language al-Masirah TV reported.

The Saudi-led coalition mercenaries late on Sunday shelled the May 22 hospital in Hudaydah and attacked north of the city’s airport, according to the report.         

Earlier this month, the United Nations brokered a truce deal as part of confidence-building measures at peace talks in Sweden to avert a full-scale assault on the port that is vital for urgent aid supplies for millions facing starvation.

The ceasefire deal, which covers only Hudaydah, will see international monitors deployed in the city and port with all armed forces pulling out within 21 days of the truce.

The two sides had also agreed a prisoner swap. A Red Cross official said in Geneva they had exchanged lists of a total of 16,000 people believed to be detained.

Hudaydah, the main port used to feed Yemen’s 30 million people, has been the focus of fighting this year, raising fears abroad that a full-scale assault could cut off supplies to nearly 16 million people suffering from severe hunger.

The truce, the first significant breakthrough in peace efforts in five years, is meant to pave the way for a wider ceasefire in the impoverished country and a second round of talks in January on a framework for political negotiations.

 
R1016170/P
Read more
Saudi-Led Coalition Violates Yemen Ceasefire 47 Times in 24 Hours
tasnim
tasnim
tasnim
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Most Visited
  • Archive
Follow Us:
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

All Content by Tasnim News Agency is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.