IRGC Warns Vessels Not to Approach Hormuz Strait
- Defense news
- June, 20, 2026 - 17:52
In a statement on Saturday afternoon, the IRGC Navy’s Public Relations Department said, “Due to the crimes of the Zionist regime in Lebanon and the violation of the US commitments to establish a ceasefire, the Strait of Hormuz is closed to all vessels.”
The statement emphasized that vessels should not approach the Strait of Hormuz; otherwise, their security will be at risk.
Earlier in the day, the Khatam al-Anbia Central Headquarters of Iran announced the closure of the Strait of Hormuz in response to the breach of the Islamabad memorandum of understanding following Israeli strikes against Lebanon.
“In light of the United States' clear breach of its commitments regarding the first article of the memorandum of understanding on ending the war, and in response to the continuous and relentless violations of the ceasefire by the Zionist regime in southern Lebanon, which have resulted in the brutal killing and displacement of hundreds of thousands of innocent people in that territory, as well as considering the failure of the occupying Zionist forces to withdraw from southern Lebanon, it is announced that the Strait of Hormuz will be closed to vessel traffic,” the statement said.
The headquarters emphasized that “this is the first step of response to the enemy’s breach of trust”, warning that if the aggression continues, further measures will be planned and taken to compel the enemy to adhere to its commitments.