1. All Stories
  2. Politics
  3. Economy
  4. World
  5. Nuclear
  6. Society/Culture
  7. Space/Science
  8. Sports
  9. Tourism
  10. Other Media
  11. Videos
  12. Photos
  13. Cartoons
  14. Interview
    • فارسی
    • عربی
    • Türkçe
    • עברית
    • Pусский
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • All Stories
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Nuclear
  • Society/Culture
  • Space/Science
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Other Media
  • Videos
  • Photos
  • Cartoons
  • Interview

Iran Slams US Remarks on Minab Attack, Calls Killing of Children ‘War Crime’

  • May, 02, 2026 - 10:39
  • Politics news
Iran Slams US Remarks on Minab Attack, Calls Killing of Children ‘War Crime’

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Spokesperson for the Iranian Foreign Ministry Esmaeil Baqaei denounced remarks by the US war secretary describing the deadly strike on children in Minab as merely an “unfortunate incident”, saying the tragic attack constituted a grave and deliberate war crime.

Politics

During hours of tense testimony before Congress on Wednesday, US War Secretary Pete Hegseth described the deadly strike on Shajareh Tayyebeh Elementary School in Iran’s southern city of Minab as an “unfortunate incident,” which according to him remains under investigation.

On the first day of the US-Israeli aggression against Iran on February 28, US Tomahawk missiles struck the school, killing 168 people, most of them children.

In a post on X on Friday, Baqaei said that the attack “was not an ‘unfortunate situation.’ It was a premeditated, heinous war crime.”

Baqaei shared a video of Representative Ro Khanna questioning Hegseth about the cost to American taxpayers “in terms of the strike on the Iranian school where kids were killed, in terms of the missiles we used.”

“To put it plainly,” Baqaei said, “how much did it cost American taxpayers for their secretary of defense to direct the deliberate killing of innocent schoolchildren and their teachers?”

The spokesman added that those responsible for the crime “must be held fully accountable and brought to justice.”

In an address to the UN Human Rights Council in late March, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi described the incident as “the tip of the iceberg” of systematic violations committed with impunity by the United States and Israel, Press TV reported.

The two enemies launched a large-scale, unprovoked war against Iran, assassinating then Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei, and a host of senior commanders while indirect negotiations were underway between Tehran and Washington regarding Iran’s peaceful nuclear program.

Subsequent terrorist strikes on civilian targets have so far killed more than 3,300 people, including children.

 
R42340/P
Read more
Minab Children under Fire (+Video)
US Military Responsible for Deadly Strike on Iranian School in Minab: NY Times
tasnim
tasnim
tasnim
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Most Visited
  • Archive
Follow Us:
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

All Content by Tasnim News Agency is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.