1. All Stories
  2. Politics
  3. Economy
  4. World
  5. Nuclear
  6. Society/Culture
  7. Space/Science
  8. Sports
  9. Tourism
  10. Other Media
  11. Videos
  12. Photos
  13. Cartoons
  14. Interview
    • فارسی
    • عربی
    • Türkçe
    • עברית
    • Pусский
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • All Stories
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Nuclear
  • Society/Culture
  • Space/Science
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Other Media
  • Videos
  • Photos
  • Cartoons
  • Interview

Saudi-Led Coalition Attack Kills Indian Nationals in Western Yemen

  • September, 09, 2015 - 13:09
  • Other Media news
Saudi-Led Coalition Attack Kills Indian Nationals in Western Yemen

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A Saudi-led alliance attack killed at least 20 Indian nationals in airstrikes on fuel smugglers at a Yemeni port Tuesday, fishermen said.

Other Media

Local residents and fishermen said planes from the Saudi-led coalition struck two boats at al-Khokha -- a small port near Hodeidah in western Yemen used by Indians to smuggle badly needed fuel supplies into the country-- killing 20 of them.

India’s Ministry of External Affairs, too, said it has no information about the reports. “We are ascertaining the facts about the reports,” MEA spokesman Vikas Swarup said, the Associated Press reported.

The Indian Embassy in Yemen was shut down in April after evacuation of its nationals.

The Saudi-led coalition, made up mainly of Persian Gulf Arab countries, has increased airstrikes on Yemen’s capital Sana’a and other parts of the country since Friday, when a Houthi missile attack killed at least 60 Saudi, Bahraini and United Arab Emirates soldiers at a military camp east of Sana’a.
Friday’s attack was the deadliest yet for Persian Gulf soldiers in the war and may herald a turning point as Saudi-allied countries appear to be committing to a ground war they had so far avoided.

Qatari-owned Al Jazeera TV reported that the number of forces deployed by the coalition had risen to 10,000.

 
R36444/P42410
Read more
Number of Saudi-Led Coalition Troops in Yemen Rises to 10,000: Al Jazeera
Intense Saudi-Led Airstrikes Hit Yemen Capital
Iran, Russia Renew Call for Negotiated Solution to Crises in Syria, Yemen
Yemen’s Ansarullah Official Pledges More Attacks against Aggressors
tasnim
tasnim
tasnim
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Most Visited
  • Archive
Follow Us:
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

All Content by Tasnim News Agency is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.