1. All Stories
  2. Politics
  3. Economy
  4. World
  5. Nuclear
  6. Society/Culture
  7. Space/Science
  8. Sports
  9. Tourism
  10. Other Media
  11. Videos
  12. Photos
  13. Cartoons
  14. Interview
    • فارسی
    • عربی
    • Türkçe
    • עברית
    • Pусский
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • All Stories
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World
  • Nuclear
  • Society/Culture
  • Space/Science
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Other Media
  • Videos
  • Photos
  • Cartoons
  • Interview

Iran Concerned about Deprivation of Citizenship in Bahrain: Spokeswoman

  • February, 02, 2015 - 19:48
  • Politics news
Iran Concerned about Deprivation of Citizenship in Bahrain: Spokeswoman

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marziyeh Afkham expressed deep concern over Al Khalifa regime’s intensified use of security approach toward Bahraini opposition, including its recent move to revoke the citizenship of dozens of dissidents.

Politics

“Imposing such obsolete punishment and failing to make difference between peaceful protests of the (Bahraini) people and terrorist activities by Takfiri (extremist) groups will not help resolve the problems,” Afkham said in a statement on Monday.

She called on the Bahraini authorities to take confidence-building measures in a bid to provide the grounds for serious talks with the people of the tiny Persian Gulf country.

The Al Khalifa regime revoked the nationality of 72 Bahrainis, 50 of whom were dissidents, under the pretext of its campaign against terrorist groups.

Bahrain’s main opposition party, al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, announced that the move by the Al Khalifa regime was aimed at silencing the voice of the opposition groups.

In a statement on Sunday, al-Wefaq said the move is in line with the regime’s moves to crack down on the peaceful protests in the Arab country.

Earlier in November 2014, the Bahrain regime had threatened to take away Bahraini nationality from those who refuse to vote in the parliamentary elections on November 22, which were boycotted by opposition groups.

The Al Khalifa regime is pressing ahead with its crackdown on opposition, after it arrested Sheikh Salman, the secretary general of al-Wefaq, on December 27, 2014.

 
tasnim
tasnim
tasnim
  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Most Visited
  • Archive
Follow Us:
  • RSS
  • Telegram
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook

All Content by Tasnim News Agency is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.