Official Denies Reports of Missing, Injured Fishermen in US Attack South of Iran
- Politics news
- May, 09, 2026 - 15:20
On Saturday, some news websites and social media channels published reports attributed to the governor of the southern port city of Bandar Lengeh, claiming that six fishing boats belonging to residents of Bandar Moallem had come under attack by US fighter jets near the Omani port of Khasab, leaving six people missing and six others injured.
The reports also claimed that the injured had been transferred to a hospital in Oman.
However, the governor, Foad Moradzadeh, told Tasnim that the statements attributed to him in the media outlets were false and said no official or confirmed information regarding such an incident had been announced by the relevant authorities.
He stressed that any information regarding possible incidents, statistics, or the condition of vessels and sailors would only be released after final confirmation and through official sources of the Hormozgan Province Governorate.